How To Contribute
We are always very happy to have code contributions whether for trivial cleanups or big new features. To submit a patch for inclusion please do the following:
- Create a patch that applies cleanly against trunk.
- If the patch is non-trivial we would prefer it come with some unit tests that cover the new functionality.
- If you are introducing a completely new feature or API it is a good idea to start a wiki and get consensus on the basic design first.
- Make sure you have observed the recommendations in the style guide.
- Open a JIRA ticket describing the patch and attach your patch to the JIRA. Include in the JIRA information about the issue and the approach you took in fixing it (if this isn't obvious). Creating the JIRA will automatically send an email to the developer email list alerting us of the new issue.
- It is our job to follow up on patches in a timely fashion. Nag us if we aren't doing our job (sometimes we drop things).
You can find some help using git to contribute, rebase, and create patches here