Books and Papers
The following books cover Apache Kafka and/or the subject of event streaming in general.
The following academic papers and publications cover Apache Kafka and/or the subject of event streaming in general.
- KSQL: Streaming SQL Engine for Apache Kafka by Hojjat Jafarpour, Rohan Desai, Damian Guy; EDBT '19: Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Extending Database Technology, 2019
- Streams and Tables: Two Sides of the Same Coin by Matthias J. Sax, Guozhang Wang, Matthias Weidlich, Johann-Christoph Freytag; BIRTE '18: Proceedings of the International Workshop on Real-Time Business Intelligence and Analytics, 2018
- Apache Kafka by Matthias J. Sax; Encyclopedia of Big Data Technologies, Springer, Cham, 2018
- Building a Replicated Logging System with Apache Kafka by Guozhang Wang, Joel Koshy, Sriram Subramanian, Kartik Paramasivam, Mammad Zadeh, Neha Narkhede, Jun Rao, Jay Kreps, Joe Stein; VLDB Endowment '15: Proceedings of the VLDB Endowment,Vol. 8, No. 12, 2015
- Liquid: Unifying Nearline and Offline Big Data Integration by Raul Castro Fernandez, Peter R. Pietzuch, Jay Kreps, Neha Narkhede, Jun Rao, Joel Koshy, Dong Lin, Chris Riccomini, Guozhang Wang; CIDR '15: 7th Biennial Conference on Innovative Data Systems Research, 2015
- Kafka, Samza and the Unix Philosophy of Distributed Data by Martin Kleppmann, Jay Kreps, Bulletin of the IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Data Engineering, 2015
- The Log: What every software engineer should know about real-time data's unifying abstraction, by Jay Kreps, 2013
- Building LinkedIn’s Real-time Activity Data Pipeline by Ken Goodhope, Joel Koshy, Jay Kreps, Neha Narkhede, Richard Park, Jun Rao, Victor Yang Ye; Bulletin of the IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Data Engineering, 2012
- Data Infrastructure at LinkedIn by Aditya Auradkar et al.; IEEE 28th International Conference on Data Engineering, 2012
- Kafka: a Distributed Messaging System for Log Processing by Jay Kreps, Neha Narkhede, Jun Rao; NetDB workshop '11, 2011